Frontend Developer Intern
We are two tech founders with a passion to build and deliver products people love.
We met and became close friends at one of Europe’s leading AI startups. Being part of growing the company from 10 to 100+ employees, we know what it takes to scale teams successfully and build exciting products at a rapid pace. After three priceless years, we decided it’s time to embark on a new adventure.
Our vision is to build an app that brings social recommendations online. We are currently in the pre-launch/prototyping phase and are aiming to launch our product by the end of September. Join us now and help Venn to take off! 🚀
TL;DR: Assist in maintaining and improving our mobile app
- Implement and take ownership of new features
- Focus on delivering user value with intuitive UI elements
- Work closely with technical founders and our UX designer to iteratively improve the app’s usability based on real-life feedback
- Ensure quality of the product is guaranteed by assisting our QA engineer with automated tests
What you need to be successful
TL;DR: Experience in React Native, Redux, and Typescript
- Solid understanding of React (hooks, functional components, state management);
- Experience building production-ready front-end systems
- React Native (alternatively, experience with Flutter, Angular or Vue) and Typescript expertise
- Ability and desire to implement gorgeous UI
- Understanding of redux, specifically RTK and how to use it in modern applications
We will love your application, if...
TL;DR: You show exceptional technical ability, love good UI, and are eager to learn
- … you have a proven track record of outstanding technical ability and knowledge
- … you are deeply curious and have a strong drive to learn and improve
- … you are the kind of person who spends 8 hours on a single animation to get it perfect.
- … you can put up with all the pain and suffering that flex:1 can do to your screen layout
- … you have the desire to learn how to deliver production-ready software
What we can offer you
TL;DR: Exactly the experience that you expect from joining an early-stage startup
- Have an impact from day one. We trust our team, so we will do our best to enable you to flourish
- A super steep learning curve: you are learning from other highly motivated team members, our network, and rapid iterations
- A growth culture: instead of blaming each other, we focus on improvements; we risk things, analyze the results and learn for next time
- The classic startup vibes in a co-working space with noise-canceling headphones, working on MacBooks, and drinking fancy coffee and Mate (wow, ticking all the boxes)
- A fun team to also hang out with and plays sports with (warning: we are highly competitive!)
Starting date: asap
Duration: 10 weeks
Compensation: 1000 Euro / month
Vacation days: as many as you like (yes, that’s right! ⛱️), minimum 2 per month
Location: Strong preference for on-site in Munich, but remote is possible
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
By clicking apply you give your consent to Venn to collect, process and use my personal data contained in this document and in the documents I uploaded and otherwise provided by me on these websites, including storing and otherwise processing it in relevant databases, for the benefit of facilitating the processing of my application, offering me other vacancies and making me a job offer.